DEPUTY MINISTER SEYFEDDIN TALIBOV MET WITH MRS. IVAN DUARTE THE HEAD OF BAKU OFFICE OF EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the possibilities of future cooperation with the EBRD in the field of agricultural. Warmly welcoming the guests, Deputy minister of Agriculture Seyfeddin Talibov gave a detailed information about the attention and care of leadership of state to the agriculture sector as well as the allocated subsidies to various areas of agriculture by the government, export-oriented and priority areas, including cotton and sericulture (silkworm breeding).
The Deputy Minister stated the existing potential capacities for cooperation on establishment of agroparks, improving access to the markets by strengthening integration to global value chain, the creation of close relations between state and private sector, credit risk assessment, extension of export geography.
The Deputy Minister Seyfeddin Talıbov noticed that the purposeful work carried out in the field of agriculture. He emphasized that the particular attention is given to one of our main goal food security - the demand for food products of population by paying the expense of local production, development the ancient traditional tillage for our country and export-oriented production. The Deputy Minister hailed the importance of enhancing relations with donor organizations and highly appreciated the international financial institutions especially projects implemented by EBRD in Azerbaijan.
Mrs. Ivana Duarte expressed her gratitude for warm reception and said that EBRD supports the reforms program carried out by Azerbaijan government. She noticed,that , the priority areas of agriculture, especially cotton development were discussed during the meeting between President of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Suma Chakrabarti and Ilham Aliyev President of Azerbaijan Republic in May in 2016.
Ms. Ivana Duarte noted that in this regard, special advisers were involved in exploring perspectives on cotton production in Azerbaijan and the proposals will be presented. Mrs.Ivana Duarte gave information about financial support to the development of small and medium-sized entrepreneurs, at the same time giving credits to private sector, to provide consultancy services to farmers and stated that during their activity they will continue efforts on developing priority areas of cooperation in the field of agriculture
- 22-11-2016, 16:43 "SEMINAR ON LAUNCH OF FAO-AZERBAIJAN PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM AND THE FIRST MEETING OF STEERING COMMITTEE WERE HELD" Today, seminar on launch of FAO-AZERBAIJAN PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM AND the first meeting of STEERING COMMITTEE jointly organized by FAO-Azerbaijan Partnership and Liaison Office and the Ministry
- 8-11-2016, 11:38 "HEYDAR ASADOV MET WITH IGOR ORLOV, GOVERNOR OF ARKHANGELSK REGION OF RUSSIAN FEDERATION" Heydar Asadov, Minister of the Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan met wıth to İqor Orlov, Governor of Arkhangelsk Region of Russian Federation who paid official visit to Baku city to attend
- 2-11-2016, 16:46 "HEYDAR ASADOV MET WITH VLADİMİR YAKUSHEV, GOVERNOR OF TYUMEN REGION OF RUSSIAN FEDERATION" Heydar Asadov, Minister of the Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan met wıth Vladimir Yakushev, Governor of Tyumen Region of Russian Federation who paid official visit to Baku city to attend VII
- 2-11-2016, 16:35 "ILHAM GULIYEV, DEPUTY MINISTER MET WITH STANISLAV ARISTOV, MINISTER COUNSELLOR OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION IN THE NORTH CAUCASUS" Ilham Guliyev, Deputy Minister of the Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan met wıth Stanislav Aristov, Minister Counsellor of the Russian Federation in the North Caucasus who paid official
- 27-10-2016, 14:26 "MINISTER HEYDAR ASADOV MET WITH MARTIJN VAN DAM, MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE OF THE COUNTRY DURING HIS VISIT IN THE KINGDOM OF NETHERLANDS" Heydar Asadov, Minister of Agriculture has paid an official visit to the Netherlands from October 25.The main purpose of the visit was identification of new stages of prospects