1,5 MILLION UNITS OF MULBERRY SEEDLINGS HAVE BEEN IMPORTED TO AZERBAIJAN FROM THE PEOPLE`S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
In the framework of the development of non-oil sector in our country, restoration of sericulture (silkworm breeding) the traditional form of agriculture has been identified as one of the priority tasks by the President Ilham Aliyev.
In accordance with the instructions of the President, the relevant measures have been taken for the establishment of the modern infrastructure on silk production by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan and in this year more than 70 tons of fresh cocoons have been produced for the first time since 2007.
At present, in accordance with the instructions of Head of State, Ministry of Agriculture continues to take appropriate measures on formation of silkworm feed base, supply of mulberry seedlings, organization of silkworm seed and etc.
Taking into account the importance of restoration of silkworm feed base for the future development of sericulture in the country, a tender contract has been awarded between the Ministry of Agriculture and “Shandong Guangtong Silkworm Eggs Co” Ltd for the purchase of 1,5 million units of mulberry seedling in order to establish new intensive mulberry orchards in the regions.
On 2 december 2016, the imported goods have been sent to Lankaran, Tovuz, Barda and Ucar regions by prompt vehicles on the basis of division prepared by the Ministry of Agriculture and according to the division the goods will be distributed to 37 regions from these regions.
In order to provide methodological and agro-technical assistance to local gardeners on the establishment of new mulberry orchards, the relevant videos, booklets, flyers and other material have been prepared by the Ministry of agriculture and Chinese experts have been invited to the country.
At the same time, experts of Ministry of Agriculture together with the experts from China will provide methodological recommen- dations to farmers and entrepreneurs.
It should be noted that the imported mulberry seedlings meet international standards, grafted for 2 years, cut with 50 cm in order to facilitate the transport and complete a silence period and will be given free of charge to the farmers, entrepreneurs, as well as the seedling farms under the ministry.
- 17-11-2016, 16:51 "DEPUTY MINISTER SEYFEDDIN TALIBOV MET WITH MRS. IVAN DUARTE THE HEAD OF BAKU OFFICE OF EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT" On November 17, Deputy Minister of Agriculture Seyfeddin Talibov met Ivana Duarte newly appointed head of Baku Office of European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.The purpose of the
- 22-11-2016, 16:43 "SEMINAR ON LAUNCH OF FAO-AZERBAIJAN PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM AND THE FIRST MEETING OF STEERING COMMITTEE WERE HELD" Today, seminar on launch of FAO-AZERBAIJAN PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM AND the first meeting of STEERING COMMITTEE jointly organized by FAO-Azerbaijan Partnership and Liaison Office and the Ministry
- 10-06-2015, 18:58 "Poultry" Azərbaycanda atçılığın tarixi çox qədimdir. Tariхi mənbələrin əksəriyyətində atın ilk olaraq Türküstanın İrana yaхın bölgələrində əhilləşdirildiyi
- 25-03-2015, 04:56 "Cattle-breeding" Azərbaycan Respublikasının kənd təsərrüfatı naziri İsmət Abasov ərzaq, kənd təsərrüfatı və bağçılıq üzrə "Beynəlxalq
- 25-03-2015, 03:40 "Sheep-breeding" 16 mart 2015-ci il tarixdə Kənd Təsərrüfatı Nazirliyində